Thursday, August 5, 2010

Broiled Chicken

When I was growing up, my family was a meat and potatoes family.  I don't ever remember my mom making us a casserole.  We always had steak, chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, peas. . . . never a casserole.  Of course, I live on casseroled now, but sometimes I just want meat and potatoes.  Here is my mom's broiled chicken recipe.  It is easy and so delicious.  It's great left over, cold , right from the refrigerator.   I made it last night and as soon as I'm finished with this post I'm raiding the fridge!

Broiled Chicken

1 whole fryer, cut into parts (or buy chicken legs, split breasts or any other parts of the chicken you enjoy)
salt
pepper
garlic powder
butter

Wash chicken and remove most of the skin.  I always leave a little bit of skin on the chicken because it gives it such good flavor.  Pat dry and put on a broiler pan (or line a baking pan with aluminum foil).  Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder all over chicken pieces.  (I'm always heavy handed with these spices, but it makes it that more delicious!)  Place a small dab of butter on each chicken piece.  Place under the broiler for about 15 minutes on each side until each side of the chicken piece is browned (almost burnt).  I even turn it over again and let it stay under the broiler for a few more minutes.  Remove chicken from pan, place on a plate, serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment