Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mexican Cassserole

Well, I'm in Charlotte, NC helping my son, Brian, take care of his four precious children.  His wife, Brandi, is in California visiting her mom.  Brandi's sister, Tiffany, is returning from her mission in Ithaca, NY.  She doesn't know Brandi is there.  What a great surprise!


Speaking of surprises, before Brandi left she made this Mexican Casserole for us to eat.   I'm not a real Mexican food lover, but I really enjoyed this casserole.  Brandi said she did use the mild ingredients just for me.  What a good daughter-in-law!  Thank you, Brandi.  I loved it.


Mexican Casserole
1 pound browned ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 (15 oz.) can red enchilada sauce
1 (12 oz.) jar mild taco sauce


1 can black beans, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
8 oz. shredded cheese
1/2 bag large tortilla chips, crushed


In a big pot mix the first six ingredients.  Bring to a boil, turn down, simmer for 20 minutes.  Stir occasionally.  Add beans and corn to mixture.


In a 9 x 13 pan, layer:
1/2 crushed chips
1/2 meat mixture
1/2 cheese
Repeat


Bake at 375 for 30 - 35 minutes until bubbly and hot.


NOTE:  This makes a TON!  Feeds about 10 people.  (I don't know, Brandi.  Brian, the 4 kids and I almost finished it off--it was that good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment