Friday, September 7, 2012

Country Style Baked Apples

Is it September already?  Where did July and August go?  Well, I'm back and I have lots of recipes to share.  September is apple time and my friend, Janelle, brought me some apples from the mountains. They were (notice I said were) so delicious.  Since the apples were so sweet and yummy raw, I knew they would be great baked.  ( HINT: If the apples don't taste good raw, it probably won't taste good cooked.)  So here is an apple cobbler recipe that will tickle your taste buds.  Serve it warm and don't forget to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!

Country Style Baked Apples

4 cups sliced apples, peeled
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup water
Pinch of salt
Dash of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Place sliced apples in a 9 x 13 baking dish. 
Mix the sugar, flour and butter until crumbly and sprinkle over apples. 
In a small bowl (I used my measuring cup) mix the water, salt and cinnamon together.  Pour over the flour mixture. 
Bake about 40 - 50 minutes until done and slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment