Friday, May 31, 2013

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats

Since being diagnosed with breast cancer, I have had so many people reach out to me (Thank You!).  Praying for me (and it's working), serving me (I can't express my gratitude for this), and feeding me (yum, yum)!  My sweet friend, Tara, made these delicious Oreo Rice Krispie Treats for me and knew I had to share the recipe with you.  I think she found it on Pinterest, of course!

Oreo Rice Krispie Treats

6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
20 regular Oreo cookies, chopped and mashed
6 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
4 Tablespoons butter
white chocolate for drizzle (optional)
 
Grease a 9 x 13 pan with butter.  Put Rice Krispie Cereal in a large bowl.  Add the chopped, mashed oreo cookies. (You can put the cookies in a zip lock bag and crush with the handle of a knife.  Crumbs should be different sizes from chunky to fine.)  Sir together.

In a medium sauce pan, heat butter and marshmallows together over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they melt together.

Pour melted marshmallows over cereal and oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all ingredients.  Spread mixture into the 9 x 13 dish.  Use spatula to press the mixture around the dish and flatten as needed.  Let sit until completely cooled and the drizzle some white chocolate on top.  Let it set until hardened.

No comments:

Post a Comment