Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pumpkin Bread

 
As Thanksgiving approaches, I reflect on all my many blessings.  Heavenly Father knows our needs and is always there for us.  I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and beautiful children and their spouses, for my grandchildren, for my health (I'm cancer free), for my extended family (especially for my sister who has given of her time and love so unselfishly).  I'm grateful for my friends and the opportunities I have to serve others.  With that in mind, here is a recipe for pumpkin bread that you can make for your family, friends and neighbors.  Let someone  know that you are thankful for them this Thanksgiving.  We should always have an attitude of gratitude! 

Pumpkin Bread
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
4 eggs
16 oz. canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
3/4 cup water
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon (I just used 1 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice (If you don't have pumpkin spice use 1/4 teaspoon each of cloves, nutmeg, and allspice)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 2 standard loaf pans with non-stick spray.

In a bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin spice.  Set aside.

Using a stand or hand mixer, beat sugar and oil together.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.  Add the pumpkin and the water and mix until well blended.  Add the flour mixture and mix until blended.  Pour batter into prepared pans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. Loaves are done when inserted toothpick comes out clean. I used 8 mini pans and it only took 20 minutes to bake. So if you use smaller pans adjust time accordingly. 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
 .



No comments:

Post a Comment