Thursday, January 1, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls



Happy New Year!
Now is the time to make your New Year's resolutions.  Of course, I always have the same resolutions each year because I start off with a bang and then, POOF--they disappear.  Each year I say I'll do better.  So again this year I will try to do better.  One of my goals for 2015 is to EAT HEALTHIER!  I can't guarantee how long I'll keep it, but enjoy the healthy recipes while you can.

Here is a delicious, no bake, cookie dough that tastes like candy.  Healthy candy, of course.  See, I'm already thinking about candy and it's just the first day of the new year.  But this is healthy candy, right?  You're gonna love these! I sure do.  It makes about 14 balls and I could eat every one at one sitting!  But that wouldn't be healthy would it?!

Here's to you and me keeping our resolutions in 2015!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 Tablespoon dark cocoa powder
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
pinch of salt
2 Tablespoons chocolate chips

Using a VitaMix, blend the cashews and rolled oat together.  Add maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa and salt and blend/pulse until combined.  Mixture will be a little sticky and you'll need to scrap sides.  Add chocolate chips, blend.  Add peanut butter and pulse again, scraping sides.  Put mixture in a bowl and knead together.  Form into balls and enjoy.

Keep in an airtight container in the fridge--if they last long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment