Monday, February 7, 2011

Balsamic Garlic Chicken Breasts

I found this recipe in my July 2010 Southern Living magazine.  It was sooooo good!  Can't wait to make it again.

Balsamic Garlic Chicken Breasts

4  (6 oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts ( I made 5)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons honey

  1. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.  (I also put garlic powder on the chicken.)
  2. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 6 - 7 minutes on each side or until done. (I cooked them longer, about 10 - 12 minutes on each side.)  Remove chicken, and keep warm.
  3. Add chicken broth and next 4 ingredients to skillet, and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.  Serve chicken with sauce.  (After the broth cooked for 5 minutes, I put the chicken back in the skillet for about one minute on each side and let it cook in the sauce before I served it.)
This was really delicious.  I enjoyed every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment