Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Microwave Fudge

You mean I have been slaving over making fudge and you can make it in the microwave--no stirring, no sweating, no reading the candy thermometer!  Yes, it's true and here is the easy recipe for you to try it for yourself.  It has a little different texture than the Fantasy Fudge I make at Christmas, but it tastes just as delicious.

Microwave Fudge

1 (1lb.) box powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup canned milk
1 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup nuts, optional

Combine sugar and cocoa in a glass bowl.  Stir together.  Add milk and butter on top and put in the microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.  Stir together.  Add vanilla and nuts.  Stir and put in 8 x 8 inch dish.  Chill 1 hour, then score.

2 comments:

  1. I made this recipe and my family loved it! But it never really set up and remained soft. Did I do something wrong and could Ido something to make it firmer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a problem with this recipe. Did you use canned evaporated milk?

    ReplyDelete