Friday, June 8, 2012

Cheesy Nacho Chicken Rotini


I love when I find a good recipe while browsing through a magazine at the doctor's office.  This was in Better Homes and Gardens and I've seen it in other magazines as well.  It is so easy and it uses the Rotel tomatoes and Velveeta cheese I love in my Nacho Cheese Dip recipe.  I think it tasted even better the next day and I even liked it cold. 

Cheesy Nacho Chicken Rotini

4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cups water
3 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
1 package (16 oz.) frozen broccoli, cauliflower, carrot blend
1 can (10 oz.) Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained\
1/2 pound Velveeta, cut into 1/2 cubes

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray.  Cook and stir chicken on medium-high until no longer pink (about 5 minutes).
Stir in water and bring to a boil.  Add pasta and stir.
Cover and simmer on medium-low heat 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.  Add remaining ingredients and stir.
Cook, covered for 5-10 minutes or until Velveeta cheese is completely melted and vegetables are crisp-tender.  Stir frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment