Thursday, December 20, 2012

Linda's Fruit Cake Loaf


I love serving at the Columbia South Carolina Temple.  I have made so many dear friends.  Many of the workers bring goodies for us to snack on when we have a break.  A couple of weeks ago, Linda brought her fruit cake loaf.  Well, I'm not too fond of fruit cake, but I tried it anyway.  Whoa!  That was the best fruit cake I've ever had!  She shared the recipe with me and told me I could share it with you.  Thanks, Linda!

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!
 
Linda's Fruit Cake Loaf
 
2 sticks butter
6 eggs
2 cups sugar
3 cups all purpose flour, divided
1 pound pecans, chopped
1 pound cherries, chopped
1 pound pineapple, chopped
 
In a bowl, mix together the nuts, cherries (green and/or red), pineapple in 1 cup of flour. (This keeps the fruit from being so sticky).  Set aside.
 
Mix together the butter and sugar.  Add the eggs, one at a time.  Add 2 cups of flour and mix well.  Add the fruit and nut mixture and mix well.  Put in greased loaf pans or mini-loaf pans.  Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes until done.
 
I made 8 mini loaves and a large loaf.
I gave some as gifts to friends and family.
Everyone loved them!
**Only bake mini loaves for 30 - 35 minutes.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. cake looks so tempting...luvly!
    Happy to follow u, wud be glad if u can follow back.
    Have a luvly weekend ahead :)

    ReplyDelete