Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crock Pot Dessert

Here's another crock pot recipe. It's actually a dessert. I didn't know you could do dessert in a crock pot. Did you? Well, I tried it and I liked it! It was so easy and it was delicious. It would be a great dish for a covered dish supper or a family reunion, too. I made it with cherry pie filling. My family enjoyed it. I think next time I make it, I will add some fresh blueberries to the pie filling. That sounds yummy to me. The recipe also says you can use apple pie filling. I think any of your favorite pie fillings would be delicious.

Crockpot Dessert

1 can of cherry or apple pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1/2 cup butter melted
1/2 cup nuts (optional) (I used pecans)
Pour pie filling into the crock pot. Combine dry cake mix and butter and mix together until crumbly. Sprinkle cake mixture over pie filling. Sprinkle nuts on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for about 3 hours.

**This is great served with ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment