Monday, October 27, 2014

Baked Eggplant


I got some eggplant in my co-op and tried a couple of new recipes.  This is a baked eggplant that was really delicious and easy to make.  I'm not a big eggplant eater, but I did enjoy this.  Hopefully you will too.

Baked Eggplant 

Eggplant
Mayonnaise
Parmesan Cheese (I added some shredded Romano and Asiago cheese to the Parmesan)

Slice eggplant about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick rounds.  Lay eggplant on paper towels and sprinkle with salt to draw out the water.  Don't be too heavy handed with the salt or it will be too salty.  Let it sit for about 20 - 30 minutes, then blot dry with a paper towel. 

Spread mayonnaise on one side of each eggplant slice.  Again, don't be heavy handed.  Then dip the mayo side down into Parmesan cheese.  Put on a greased baking sheet in a single layer, cheese side up.

Bake at 450 degrees for about 12 minutes or until browned.

**I made mine with the skin still on the eggplant.  Sometimes the skin can be tough.  Next time I make it, I'm going to remove the skin and see how it does.  I guess it's really your preference--skin on, skin off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment