Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Eggplant Pizza


Here is another eggplant recipe that I tried.  I really loved it and again, I'm not an eggplant eater.  I left the skin on, but it was a little tough.  Next time I'll peel the eggplant.  But I loved it.  Tasted just like a pizza to me, and you can put on whatever toppings you like.

Eggplant Pizza

Eggplant
Mozzarella cheese
Pizza sauce or marinara sauce (I used marinara sauce)
Desired toppings

Slice eggplant in 1/2 inch rounds.  Place on paper towel and salt lightly to draw out the water for about 20-30 minutes.  Blot dry with paper towel.

Put eggplant on greased baking sheet.  Put sauce, then cheese and any other desired topping on each round. 

Bake at 400 degrees about 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and melted

**I only put cheese on top (added some grated Parmesan), but can't wait to try pepperoni or mushrooms :-)  Getting hungry just writing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment