Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lazy Day Stew

Here's another crock pot recipe I found in the cookbook my sister, Cathy, gave me for Christmas. It's called Lazy Day Stew. Just the name caught my interest. Of course, the idea of putting butter beans in my stew sounded wonderful to me, too. I do love butter beans. So when you have a lazy day, try this delicious crock pot beef stew.

Lazy Day Stew

1 - 2 pounds stewing beef, cubed
1 - 2 cups carrots, diced
2 cups potatoes. diced
1 large onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 package (10 - 14 oz.) frozen butter beans or green beans
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1/2 - 1/3 can of water
1 Tablespoon brown sugar

Place beef in bottom of crock pot (I put salt, pepper and garlic powder on the beef). Add vegetables. Sprinkle salt and pepper over ingredients. Mix together tomato sauce and water, and pour over top. Sprinkle brown sugar over all. Cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours. (I did stir it after about 4 hours, but I probably didn't have to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment