Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken

I was looking through a church cookbook and found this poppy seed chicken casserole. I had all the ingredients and it sounded good, so we tried it. And we liked it--actually we loved it! This one's a keeper.


Poppy Seed Chicken


6 - 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces
( I just boiled mine in salted water with an onion and a piece of celery) (You can use left-over turkey, too, or if you're like my friend Stephanie, buy the chicken already cooked!)


1 can cream of chicken soup


1 cup sour cream


1 stick butter ( I only used a half of a stick, 4 Tablespoons)


1 Tablespoon poppy seed


2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (I crumbed up one roll of the Ritz crackers)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish. Put meat on the bottom. Mix the soup and sour cream and pour over the chicken. Mix the Ritz crumbs and the poppy seed. Spread over chicken. Melt butter and drizzle over the top. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Do not cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment