Friday, February 26, 2010

Sloppy Joes

Did you ever eat Manwiches when you were younger? I use to always fix those for my kids when they were little. They loved them (do they still make 'em?), and I loved them too because they were so easy to make--brown the meat, open the can, mix together, slop it on the bun and eat! Hummm, slop it on the bun--is that why they are called sloppy Joes? Well, where did the Joe come from? He must have been the person slopping it on the bun. Ya think?

Seriously though, here's a recipe for Sloppy Joes that remind me of those Manwiches we use to enjoy. Hope you enjoy these. Oh, and by the way, this recipe is much better than Manwich.

Sloppy Joes

2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1 can tomato soup
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons vinegar
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
Salt and Pepper

Cook hamburger. Salt and pepper (I put some garlic powder too) to taste. Drain grease and add the other ingredients. Simmer slowly for at least 30 minutes. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Scoop (or should I say "Slop") on to hamburger buns and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment