Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa

While waiting at the doctor's office, I was reading a Cooking Light magazine and found this great recipe. I am so excited about sharing it with you because it is so, so delicious! My family loves it and it is really healthy for you. I think you will love it, too. I hope you will share your comments about this one. I want to know what you think. I think it's fantastic!


Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa

2 Tablespoons minced fresh cilantro

2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice

1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil

4 - 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

salt

Cooking spray

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and add chicken. Toss and let stand about 5 minutes or more. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt. Heat grill pan over medium high heat. (I use a George Forman Grill.) Coat pan with cooking spray. Cook chicken 6 - 8 minutes on each side until done. (This is great cooked on an outdoor grill, too.)



Avocado Salsa

1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes (about 2 - 3 tomatoes)

2 Tablespoons finely chopped onion

1/4 teaspoon slat

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1 avocado peeled and finely chopped

Combine all ingredients except avocado in a medium bowl. Right before serving, add avocado and stir gently to combine. Spoon salsa on top of chicken breasts and serve with your favorite sides.

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of Brandon and Tricia's friends from Texas. I'm making this tonight for a dinner party - looks yummy and easy! Thanks for all the great recipes...keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete