Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Italian Pasta Bake

Italian Pasta Bake Here's another good and easy casserole to make. You can even make it the day before (even 2 days before) and keep it in the fridge, unbaked, until you're ready for it. You will need to add an extra 5 - 10 minutes of baking time when you bake it. This is my favorite casserole to take to someone who has just had a baby or who has just gotten out of the hospital. Serve it with a salad and some bread and you've got a whole meal for your family or friends.

Italian Pasta Bake
1 pound ground beef
1 small chopped onion (optional)
3 cups rotini pasta
1 jar (26 - 28 oz.) of your favorite spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu Robusto, Garlic and Onion)

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

1 package (2 cups) mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 375. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse. Set aside.
Brown meat and chopped onion in a large skillet and drain off grease. I usually add some salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the meat while it is browning. Stir in spaghetti saurce and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Add rinsed pasta and mix well. Spoon into a 9x13 baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes.



1 comment:

  1. Nancee:

    This is one of my favorites (of many, many, many) of your recipes. I couldn't find my printout that you gave me several years ago. I knew I could find it on your blog . . . and I was right. Looking forward to having it tonight. YUUUUMMMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete