Saturday, January 23, 2010

Creamy Noodles and Rice

I found this recipe on the back of a Campbell's Noodle Soup with Real Chicken Broth box. I do use Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup with Chicken Broth, too. Sorry, Campbell's. Either one works great. It's a delicious side with your favorite meat and vegetable.


Creamy Noodles and Rice


1 tablespoon butter
3 medium carrots, chopped (I use my peeler and get the pieces of carrot really thin.)
1 small onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups water
1 pouch dry noodle soup mix (Campbell's or Lipton)
2/3 cup uncooked regular long-grain rice
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I always forget to put this on it, but it tastes good anyway.)


In a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots and onion and cook until tender. Add water, soup mix and rice. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in cheese (this is the part I forget to do) and it's ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment