Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dream Cake

Another recipe I found while in Connecticut and looking through my daughter-in-law Mandy's cookbooks was this recipe for Dream Cake. It sounded interesting since you didn't add eggs or oil. I didn't believe it would turn out to be cake except in your dreams (maybe that's why they call it Dream Cake). So I tried it and it really made a cake. I thought it tasted great, but was a little dry Next time I make it, I won't bake it so long. Now my daughter, Charen, loved it and thought it was delicious and not dry at all. Try it and see what you think.


Dream Cake


1 box Duncan Hines chocolate fudge cake ( I could only find the dark chocolate fudge cake)
1 small package chocolate pudding--NOT INSTANT!
chocolate chips
walnuts or pecans, chopped


Cook pudding per directions. Pour cake mix into cooked pudding.
Pour mixture into ungreased 8 1/2 x 11 inch pan. (My cake stuck, so I would grease the pan).
Top with chocolate chips and nuts ( I used pecans.). Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment