Monday, October 5, 2009

Nancee's Decorator White Icing

I actually did make my husband a cake for his birthday, too. I really made it for the grandkids who came over the next night to celebrate his birthday. I always use Duncan Hines cake mixes because they are so moist. Now I'm not a professional cake decorator, but I do love to piddle around and pretend to know how to decorate a cake. But you have to have a good icing and I have the perfect recipe for you to use for your next decorated cake. My daughter-in-law informed me that this is a buttercream icing recipe. I didn't know--it doesn't have any butter in it! :-)
Well, either way, it is a great icing for your next special cake.


Nancee's Decorator White Icing

1 box powdered sugar (1 lb)
1/3 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
dash of salt

Put all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at low speed 8 - 10 minutes. I beat it 4 - 5 minutes at high speed. You may also need to add a little bit more water if the icing is too thick. Add food coloring for desired colors.

1 comment:

  1. it looks great! im so impressed!! i used the same icing but modified slightly!! (more crisco, less water) I also use duncan hines 95% of the time.

    ReplyDelete