Monday, November 30, 2009

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Speaking of meatballs--my sister makes sweet and sour meatballs for her family and serves it as the main dish with rice. I've always used a this recipe as an appetizer, but decided to try it as a main dish. You know, it was pretty good. The sauce made a great gravy and my family loved it. Oh, and I put 2 scoops of Mila in the meatballs so I felt it was more healthy for everyone.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

In a pot, mix together:
2 jars of chili sauce
2 1/3 cups grape jelly or jam
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
Cook on stove top, stir until blended and let it come to a boil.

Mix together and shape into balls (about the size of a walnut):
2 pounds ground beef
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons dried minced onion
Add meatballs to pot and cook on low. Simmer for 1 - 1/2 hours. Serve on rice.

**You can cook this in a crock pot, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment