Friday, August 7, 2009

Jello Cake

I found this recipe in a magazine about 15 years ago. It is so light and so, so moist. It has become one of our favorites.This is a great dessert to serve any time of the year.

Jello Cake

1 package (18.5 oz.) white cake mix (I use Duncan Hines--it's the best!)
1 small package (3 oz.) jello (I like cherry or strawberry. Lime is good, too.)
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1 small Cool Whip (I use the Light Cool Whip)

Prepare cake mix as directed on package, baking in a well-greased and floured 13x9 inch pan. Cool cake in the pan for 20 - 30 minutes--then prick with a fork at 1/2 inch intervals. (Sometimes when I prick the cake, the cake sticks to the fork or leaves a little hole at the top. Don't worry, it will still turn out great. It's covered with cool whip anyway, so you can't see any mistakes.)

Now, dissolve the jello in the boiling water and mix until dissolved. Add the cold water, mix and carefully pour over top of the warm cake. Chill 3 to 4 hours in the fridge. Spread the cool whip on top, cut and serve.

**The longer it stays in the refrigerator the better it is. So, I usually make it the night before I plan to serve it.

1 comment:

  1. I totally forgot about this yummy dessert and made it last weekend...it tasted so good! Thanks for sharing all your recipes! I can't wait to try them all! Love ya
    Tara

    ReplyDelete