Sunday, August 9, 2009

Our Favorite Potato Casserole

Since I already posted my grilled chicken recipe (see chicken), I now need to give you my favorite potato casserole recipe. My kids always call it "the meal"--grilled chicken and potato casserole. My butter beans (lima beans) are also included in that meal along with my Cucumber Cooler recipe (see salads). When I made the potato casserole today, I put it on the table and before I could even get a picture, it was half gone. That's how delicious it is. Enjoy!Our Favorite Potato Casserole

6-8 medium potatoes, baked ( I bake them at 350 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours)
Cool and grate.

1 /2 cup grated onion (I just grate one large onion)
1 - 2 cups grated cheese
1 teaspoon salt
Add these ingredients to the grated potatoes

1/4 cup melted butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
8oz. sour cream
Melt butter in a small bowl. Add soup and sour cream and mix well. Pour into potato mixture and mix well.
Put in a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

1 1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed
1/4 cup melted butter
Take out of oven and sprinkle topping of crushed corn flakes on top. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter on top. Put back in oven and bake for 15 more minutes.

**You can actually buy packaged potatoes already grated, but I always use fresh potatoes. It takes a little more time, but it is worth every bite. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment