Monday, March 8, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

Here is a recipe my family loves. As a matter of fact, when my sons were at college they would make this casserole to impress their dates. Hey, it must have worked because each of them got a wonderful wife who probably makes the chicken pot pie now.
Chicken Pot Pie

3-4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed (I boil my chicken in salted water with a piece of celery and a small onion.)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 soup can of chicken broth (I use the broth from the chicken I boiled.)
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
1 stick melted butter

Put cut up chicken in the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Mix together cream of chicken soup and 1 soup can of chicken broth. Pour evenly on top to chicken.

Mix together the self-rising flour (must be self-rising), milk, and butter. Pour this mixture evenly on top of the chicken and broth mixture. DO NOT MIX TOGETHER! This makes the crust of the pie.

Put in oven at 350 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes until browned on top.


**I use a wire whisk to mix up the soup mixture and to mix the flour mixture.


We served this with broccoli and I discovered a great way to make it. It's called Steamers. You just put the bag in the microwave and cook for about 7 minutes. It's delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment