Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Matzo and Eggs

I just got back from visiting my family in Charleston.  I had a great time and was very excited to come home with a box of Matzos.  Usually I get my matzo after Passover--my sweet sister gives me her leftovers.  But this year she surprised me and gave me a box before Passover. (She knows I love matzo.)  So, this morning I made me some Matzo and Eggs.  Ummmmm, it was soooooo good!  Brought back lots of memories.  Thanks, Cat!


How to make Matzo and Eggs:
Crack 2 eggs into a bowl.  Add salt and pepper to taste and beat eggs together. 

Take 1 square of matzo and rinse it with water for several seconds.
Break matzo up into eggs.  Mix the eggs and pieces of matzo together, coating the matzo.  Set aside.

Now heat a frying pan on medium high and add a slab of butter.  Coat pan with the melted butter and add the egg and matzo mixture.  Turn heat down to medium.  Stir often until egg is cooked, only takes a few minutes.  Put in a dish and enjoy!

Now this is could be enough for 2 people, but I always eat the whole thing and still want more.  Can't wait to fix it again tomorrow morning.

HAPPY  PASSOVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment