Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wild Rice Salad

Looking for something different. Here's a new salad I tried and it was very tasty. The recipe called for 3/4 of a cup of dressing, but I thought it was too much. So I changed it to 1/2 to 3/4 cup. My husband loved it and ate just about all of it. This would be great to bring to a covered dish dinner because everyone wants to try something new.

Wild Rice Salad


1 box Uncle Ben's Wild Rice
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 purple onion, chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 - 3/4 cup vinegarette dressing (I used Paul Newman's Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing)

Cook wild rice according to directions on box and cool completely. Add all ingredients and refrigerate overnight.

**For a complete one-dish meal, add cooked chicken or shrimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment