Saturday, March 13, 2010

No Cook Salsa

Sometimes you just have a taste for salsa and chips. Here is a delicious no cook salsa recipe. You will need to plan ahead because you need to make this the day before you serve it. The salsa needs time to let the flavors develop. It keeps well in the fridge and the longer it sits, the better it is. Serve with corn chips and other dippers.

No Cook Salsa

1 can diced or whole tomatoes (I put it in a blender because my son-in-law doesn't like chunks of tomato.)
1 chopped onion
1 chopped bell pepper
1 can black beans, drained
1 can white shoepeg or niblet corn (I used shoepeg.)
Picante sauce to taste
Tomato sauce to taste (I didn't even put this in. I thought the picante sauce was enough.)
1 pinch sugar
1 juice of a lime
1 juice of a lemon
Cilantro

Combine all ingredients, adding picante sauce to taste. Place in a container and refrigerate over night.

**Try other additions and develop your own "special salsa".

No comments:

Post a Comment